It was a joy to interview Liz Wiseman an author, researcher and executive advisor who teaches leadership to executives worldwide. She is the CEO of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Some of her recent clients include Apple, AT&T, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Tesla, and Twitter.
Liz Wiseman is here on the show today to tell us how impact players help the leaders of companies stay successful. “While others do their job, Impact Players figure out the real job to be done.” We will discuss this topic in detail as we walk through her most recent book, Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact.
I had an amazing time talking with her and I enjoyed discussing our shared ideas on leadership and authoring our own lives.
- Why did Liz write about being a contributor rather than a follower in her book
- How does an impact player go beyond “just tell me what to do”
- The ambient problems of the workplace and their solutions
- Scenarios where you have to lead the leader
- How curiosity lends itself to success as an impact player
- The importance of asking WHY
To learn more about Liz, click on the links below:
- Website: http://thewisemangroup.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LizWiseman
- Book: Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact
- Book recommended by Liz: Made to Stick: Why some ideas survive and others die
To learn more about my services and to stay connected, visit me at:
- Learn How to Advocate 8 Week program starts on March 24th: Schedule your 15-minute consultation for the 8 weeks program, to get more information and to see if this is the program for you. https://calendly.com/advocatetowin/15min
- Website: Advocate to Win
- Instagram: @imheatherhansen
- Sign up for your 15 Minute consultation:https://calendly.com/advocatetowin/15min
- Also, don’t forget to Subscribe to the Advocate with Elegance FREE private podcast here: